We all have those days we just feel so overwhelmed and are stressed beyond what we can handle. The boss is a jerk, kids driving you crazy, have a deadline or whatever your situation is, we have all been there one time or another. Sometimes the best thing to do in those situations is to take a small breather and try to do something to relieve that stress over your shoulders. Trust me you don’t want to get sick, having anxiety attacks over something that may seem super important today but will not matter tomorrow. It is these times we just need to give ourselves just 5 minutes to rest and reload to do an even better job at whatever we may be stressing about. Your body and mind will thank you down the line.
Here are some ways to distress in those situations. Just doing one will be beneficial to your health and well being.
- Bath! Take a nice warm bath to give your body a nice relaxing break. Bath will also let you just let go of anything going round in your head, almost like soothing your soul. Adding music and candles might help make the room more relaxing as well.
2. Do some exercise! Just let all that energy that you have encapsulated in your mind and body and just let it out with some activity. Doesn’t really matter what, do some boxing and just let any feelings out. Or simply just take a walk around the block and enjoy your surroundings. Take in some fresh air!
3. Take time to do something you love to do. If you have a hobby you love, then use it to your advantage and take a minute to do it because as they say when you are having fun you forget about other things. So this will help clear your head for a bit and get you focus on what is important. As most of you know, I love to spend time decorating my planner. It just makes me forget everything when I am focus on that.
4. Take one thing at a time. If you have too many things going on and that is stressing you out, write them down, make a list and just take one at a time. Tackle one by one and you will see that you probably did many of them without even noticing.
5. Reach out. If you feel like you just can’t take it anymore, just remember that there is always help out there. Reach out to a friend, relative, or whoever your person may be and just let them know what you are going through. The worst thing you can do to yourself is just keep shoving all your feelings down until you explode. There are also resources out there online to help you get through if you are having a rough time. It is okay to seek professional help without being ashamed of it. You’ll be happy you did at the end.
At the end do what feels right and just remember to breath. Everything will work itself out at the end. What other stress relievers do you do?
Disclaimer: Contains affiliate links.
DON’T FORGET TO INSERT YOUR EMAIL TO GET THE LATEST UPDATES…